Fall Crappie

Fall Crappie
Me with a nice Black Crappie and Cigar

Late Summer Crappie

Late Summer Crappie
Me with a nice White crappie and Cigar

Sunday, October 3, 2010

COOLER WEATHER HAS ARRIVED

Today is Sunday, October the 3rd. It has been a cool weekend with todays temperature in the low 50's. We have picked up quite a bit of rain in the last 24 hours and after a very hot and dry summer, it is needed!
The water level of the small lake that my fishing partner and I fish has dropped to the point that makes it extremely difficult to get the boat in and out! This is nothing new for this lake. When i was a kid, we trapped muskrats in season and the lake was always low enough that you could walk around the lake on the shoreline that would be a foot under water during the spring.
We went fishing on Friday, Oct.1st and caught several Bass, Bluegill and a couple of Crappie. The fish seemed to be holding close to the deeper weed line and using jerk baits, we did quite well! All total we must have caught a couple of dozen Bass. They weren't large fish but certainly were fun to catch!
It won't be long before the really cold weather will put an end to our fall fishing! I used to ice fish but had to wait until mid January before the ice was safe to go out on! I generally used these few months in the hunt for rabbits. I no longer am physically able to go hunting so I usually spend my winter months in doors thinking about the way things used to be!
I started this blog site, mainly for my own entertainment and I have enjoyed it! I hope to keep writing and expanding the scope of this blog into a more general web site such as an online magazine. My hopes are to do some traveling next year, around the state of Ohio and report on the fishing conditions of various lakes plus give an insite of how to catch the fish at each location, the best way to get there and where to stay after you arrive. We might even travel out of state and try some neighboring waters.
I only wish I would have started this sooner but who's to say I might not have been ready to take on the challenge before this! I would appreciate any feed back, you as a reader, are able to give! My next upgrade I hope to add a forum for your suggestions! I will continue to have new articles all winter long, so stay with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment