Fall Crappie

Fall Crappie
Me with a nice Black Crappie and Cigar

Late Summer Crappie

Late Summer Crappie
Me with a nice White crappie and Cigar

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT!

   I've been a fisherman for a long time. I've stated before, that I started fishing at a very young age. When ever my family would be around a pond, lake or stream, I would be fishing! When you're young, the size of the fish doesn't really matter. It's the quanity that counts!
   The Bluegill is the number one fish that most youngins like to catch.
   While in school, I couldn't wait for spring break to get here! Usually, the weather had warmed enough to have melted the ice and I had all day to sit on the bank of our lake and fish!
   I would dig up some worms, grab my fishing pole and away I would go. Nothing fancy, just a spincast rod, hooks, bobbers and worms! It was so much fun just watching and waiting for any sign of movement from the bobber!
   I would generally, release the fish that I caught, until I got older and learned how to fillet the Bluegill. They are a very tasty fish, fun to catch and very plentiful in most bodies of water! This was all the fishing I needed to do at the time. When I became a teenager, my interests turned to Bass fishing and artificial baits. I love to cast for Bass but every once in a while, I still get the urge to put on a bobber and some worms for some old time fishing!
   Today, I think most serious fisherman would laugh at the idea of sitting on the shore with bobbers and worms, but I will bet, it is the way they got started!
   Some Saturday or Sunday, get the family together and head to you favorite fishing spot, and just for the fun of it, string up the old hook, bobber and worms and see how much you enjoy getting back to how it all started!

No comments:

Post a Comment