Fall Crappie

Fall Crappie
Me with a nice Black Crappie and Cigar

Late Summer Crappie

Late Summer Crappie
Me with a nice White crappie and Cigar

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'VE BEEN AWAY FOR A LONG TIME!

  I don't know how long this return may last! This past 1 1/2 years has taken it's toll on me! I suffered a small stroke in January 2011, which knocked the snot out of me! I was laid up for 4 months, not being able to see very well and my legs suffered the most with extreme weakness! I still have a very hard time maneuvering and have a tendency to trip and fall! Not much fun!
  On July 23, 2011 we lost our youngest son at the age of 33! To this day we are not sure what killed him! After this incident, I basically just gave up! I lost interest in everything and just hung around the house!
  I went fishing one time last summer and have yet to get out this year!
  It's really hard to give up what has been my main interest in life but it's just not there for me anymore! I still feel the love for fishing but being disabled has taken a lot of the enjoyment away!
  My wife bought me some new soft plastic grubs and worms for Easter, hoping I would attempt to give them a try, but they are still in a bag beside my easy chair!
  I have one friend that I did most of my fishing with but he has found other interests this year and hasn't had the time for fishing!
  All that said, let's try to get back to fishing.
  This has been a very warm and dry summer. This has dropped the water levels and created difficulties launching boats in some waters. Mosquito reservior, up in Trumbull county, has three main ramp areas closed and I've heard there are new islands and sand bars showing that we could not see before! Even with the low water, Walleyes, Bass and large Catfish are still being caught. The Bass and Walleyes are around weed beds.
  For Bass, try throwing buzz baits, spinner baits and crank baits around the weed beds,wood and rock formations. Walleyes are being caught trolling worm harnesses around weed beds in the deeper water.
  I guess, if you can stand the heat, the fish are still hungry and can be caught! If you can, Catch a few for me but please, release the Bass!

No comments:

Post a Comment